Children group’s latest candidate endorsements will put children first in Olympia
June 15, 2018, Seattle, WA – Today, the Children’s Campaign Fund (CCF) announced its latest endorsements of candidates who are and will be strong champions for kids in Olympia and help fight for the health, safety, education, and welfare of Washington state’s children.
CCF’s latest candidate endorsements for the WA State House of Representatives are:
- 5th Legislative District (Represents East King County, including Carnation, North Bend, Snoqualmie, Issaquah, and parts of Renton, Covington, Maple Valley, Black Diamond and unincorporated King County.) – Rep. Paul Graves (R)
- 8th Legislative District (Represents the northeast part of Benton County, including Richland, West Richland and Kennewick.) – Phillip Lemley (R)
- 12th Legislative District (Represents Chelan and Douglas Counties and part of Grant and Okanogan Counties including Winthrop, Twisp, Brewster, Bridgeport, Nespelem, Grand Coulee, Chelan, Leavenworth, Cashmere, Wenatchee, East Wenatchee and Rockland.) – Ann Diamond (I)
- 13th Legislative District (Represents Lincoln and Kittitas Counties and part of Grant and Yakima Counties including Roslyn, Cle Elum, Ellensburg, Mattawa, Moses Lake, Quincy, Ephrata, Warden and Odessa.) – Rep. Tom Dent (R)
- 14th Legislative District (Represents Skamania and Klickitat Counties, and part of Clark and Yakima Counties, including North Bonneville, Stevenson, White Salmon, Goldendale, Tieton, Naches and part of Yakima.) – Rep. Gina Mosbrucker (R)
- 16th Legislative District (Represents Columbia and Walla Walla Counties and part of Benton County including Prosser, Benton City, Pasco, Prescott, Waitsburg, Dayton, Walla Walla and College Place.) – Skyler Rude (R)
- 26th Legislative District (Represents part of Pierce and Kitsap Counties including part of Bremerton, Port Orchard and Gig Harbor.) – Rep. Michelle Caldier (R)
- 28th Legislative District (Dual endorsement in this race) (Represents part of Pierce County including Fircrest, University Place, Lakewood, Steilacoom, Tillicum, Dupont, part of Tacoma, Graham, Spanaway and Anderson, Ketron and McNeil Islands.) – Rep. Dick Muri (R)
- 35th Legislative District (Represents Mason County and part of Kitsap and Thurston Counties including Shelton, Grapeview and Belfair.) – Rep. Dan Griffey (R) and Rep. Drew MacEwen (R)
CCF’s latest candidate endorsements for the WA State Senate are:
- 8th Legislative District (Represents the northeast part of Benton County, including Richland, West Richland and Kennewick.) – Sen. Sharon Brown (R)
- 35th Legislative District (Represents Mason County and part of Kitsap and Thurston Counties including Shelton, Grapeview and Belfair.) – Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)
- 47th Legislative District (Represents part of southeast King County including part of Kent, Covington and Auburn.) – Sen. Joe Fain (R)
“The Children’s Campaign Fund has a strong history of working with champions for children across the state,” said Randi Abrams-Caras, CCF co-chair. “We are proud to support these candidates that are dedicated to putting the health and wellbeing of Washington’s kids first.”
CCF is the nation’s oldest statewide PAC for children. CCF will announce its full list of candidate endorsements on June 19, 2018. In addition to helping elect legislative voices for our children, CCF also supports select statewide races and ballot measures that directly impact the well-being of children and families.
The Children’s Campaign Fund is a political action committee dedicated to electing state leaders who will champion the health, well-being, safety and education of the children of Washington State, especially those most at-risk and underserved.
We provide a non-partisan, collective voice and means for the people of Washington State to elect leaders who will put kids first, and to hold them accountable for supporting the whole child.
Children’s Campaign Fund makes a difference in lives of children by improving children’s access to healthcare, reducing child hunger, supporting foster care and early childhood education and improving child safety.